Sunday 16 October 2011

Delicious Lemon Yogurt Cake Recipe

This is the yummiest cake ever and the easiest, just chuck all the ingredients in the food processor! Even if you can't bake (trust me) you can make this cake! I used my vintage cake tin for the first time today, I was a bit worried it wouldn't turn out because I thought the tin might possibly be a jelly mold! But to my delight it worked, so I guess it is a tin! (recipe at the bottom of the page)



  • 3 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • juice & rind 4 lemons
  • 2 cups of flavorless oil (canola, grape seed)
  • 1 3/4 cups of plain yogurt
  • 4 cups of self raising flour
  • pinch of salt
  • Blend sugar, eggs, lemon juice and zest, oil and yogurt.
  • Add flour, blitz to just combine.
  • Place in a greased/lined 28-30cm tin at 160 degrees Celsius, bake for 1 1/2 hours
  • And I usually do a cream cheese icing. Enjoy!

    I used half the mixture for this cake because it's a small tin, if you use the full recipe make sure you line your tin with baking paper out the top of the tin at least 6cm because the cake will overflow!

    I just drizzled a mixture of lemon juice and sugar over the cake when it was still hot.

    I made this in the the weekend for our picnic and it was so good!

    Happy baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment