Wednesday 19 October 2011

Home made pasta recipe

I love, love, love home made pasta! I only started making it this year, only because I never knew how easy it is! All you need is 100g of flour to one egg  (this is one serve), this is how you do it...


I didn't think of taking photo's for the step, you just the flour on the bench, make a well, then crack the eggs into the middle. Use a fork to whisk the eggs then slowly add the flour. Once it's all combined roll into a ball then knead for about five minutes. Wrap in gladwrap (plastic wrap) and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out until thin.


Fold in half then in half again (this makes it easier to cut into even noddles,) I make mine really thick (about 1.5cm) which will expand when cooked. (A flower my daughter picked from the garden while I was cooking, so sweet)


For the rest of the pasta I cut up 5 cloves of garlic roughly, some mushrooms, two leeks, chives and flat leaf parsley.


Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil, add the pasta, cook for about 5 minutes (or to your liking). Cook the garlic in some olive olive until just soft, add leeks and cook until soft, then add mushroom. Season with salt and pepper, a glass of dry wine, half a teaspoon of chilli powder, juice from half a lemon, half a cup of Parmesan cheese, lastly add the herbs and toss the pasta through.


Add that's it, I told you it is easy!


And of course a nice glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc to accompany it, yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy...I have just finished breakfast but am drooling after reading this post. I never knew pasta was THIS easy to make..am so going to try my hand at making it next time :)

    x

    ReplyDelete